(ZeroHedge)—One week after Trump announced that the US would cover insurance for ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz, and would provide them with US navy escorts, Reuters reports that the US Navy has refused near-daily requests from the shipping industry for military escorts through the Strait of Hormuz since the start of the war on Iran, saying the risk of attacks is too high for now.
The U.S. Navy has held regular briefings with shipping and oil industry counterparts and has said during those briefings it is unable to provide escorts for the time being, three unnamed shipping industry sources told Reuters. They added that the shipping industry has been making requests almost daily during the calls for naval escorts through the strait. One of the sources said the Navy’s assessment during Tuesday’s briefing had not changed and that escorts would only be possible once the risk of attack was reduced, which judging by images like the one below of a container ship in the Gulf today won’t happen any time soon.
The Navy’s assessments spell continued disruption to Middle East oil exports and reflect a stark divergence from President Donald Trump’s statements that the U.S. is prepared to provide naval escorts whenever needed to restart regular shipments along the key waterway.
Shipping along the narrow strait has all but halted since the start of the U.S.-Israeli war on Iran more than a week ago, preventing exports of around a fifth of the world’s oil supply and sending global oil prices surging to highs not seen since 2022. Some ships – mostly Iranian VLCCs and Chinese tankers carrying embargoed products – have resumed transits with Iran vowing it would only attack western-linked ships, we reported earlier.

The status quo may soon change, however: on Tuesday General Dan Caine, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that the US military has started looking at options to potentially escort ships through the strait, should it be ordered to do so. “We’re looking at a range of options there,” Caine told reporters at the Pentagon.
A U.S. official told Reuters the U.S. military has not yet escorted any commercial ships through the strait. Earlier in the day, U.S. Secretary of Energy Chris Wright deleted a post on X in which he said the Navy had successfully escorted one through.
While there have been some voyages through the waterway in recent days, the majority of shipping traffic remains on hold with hundreds of ships anchored.
Meanwhile, Trump has said repeatedly in recent days that the United States is prepared to escort tankers through the Strait of Hormuz when necessary.
“When the time comes, the U.S. Navy and its partners will escort tankers through the strait, if needed. I hope it’s not going to be needed, but if it’s needed, we’ll escort them right through,” he said on Monday during a press conference at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
For its part, Iran remains adamant: a senior official with Iran’s Revolutionary Guards has said the strait is closed and Iran will fire on any ship trying to pass, Iranian media reported last week. Several ships have already been hit.
Indeed, earlier in the day, a Thai ship attempting to pass through the Strait of Hormuz, the bulk carrier Mayuree Naree, was struck by projectiles while travelling about 18km north of Oman.
Never afraid of wading neck-deep in irony, just a few hours after photos of the latest ship to be attacked in the SoH circled the globe, Trump said “you can see great safety in the Strait of Hormuz“, when asked how he’s going to ensure the safety of oil following through it.
When asked by a reporter if Iran laid mines in the Strait of Hormuz, “we don’t think so,” President Trump replied, all signs to the contrary.
Preparing for the Unexpected: Your Essential Partner in Health Readiness
In an increasingly unpredictable world—where supply chain disruptions, natural disasters, and global travel can leave us vulnerable to sudden health challenges—being prepared isn’t just smart; it’s essential.
That’s where Jase Medical steps in, offering innovative solutions that empower individuals and families to take control of their health with emergency medication kits designed for real-life scenarios. As someone who’s always advocated for proactive wellness, I was impressed by how Jase Medical combines expert medical guidance with convenient, customizable options to ensure you’re never caught off guard.
At the heart of their offerings is the Jase Case, a comprehensive emergency antibiotic kit priced at just $289.95. This powerhouse contains five life-saving antibiotics and five vital symptom-relief medications, capable of treating over 50 common infections—from respiratory issues and skin conditions to traveler’s diarrhea and more.
What sets it apart? It’s fully customizable with 28 add-on options, including a specialized KidCase for children ages 2-11, making it ideal for families.
Whether you’re stocking up for home emergencies or preparing for remote adventures, the Jase Case provides peace of mind with medications that boast extended shelf lives—up to five years or longer when stored properly, with studies showing 90% potency retention even after 20 years.
For those on the move, the Jase Go travel med kit at $129.95 is a game-changer. Curated by physicians, it addresses over 30 common travel ailments, from digestive upsets to minor injuries, ensuring explorers, hikers, and globetrotters can handle health hiccups without derailing their plans.
And for targeted concerns, Jase Medical offers specialized kits like the UTI Kit ($99.95), which includes test strips and treatments for urinary tract infections, vaginal candidiasis, and even jock itch, or the Parasites Kit (starting at $199.95), featuring compounded Ivermectin and Mebendazole to combat internal and external parasitic infections.
But Jase Medical isn’t just about one-off kits; their Jase Daily service provides an extended supply of your ongoing prescriptions, supporting hundreds of medications for chronic conditions like diabetes, heart health, high blood pressure, mental health, and more. This ensures long-term preparedness, safeguarding against factory shutdowns or extreme weather that could interrupt your regular supply.
The process couldn’t be simpler or more reassuring. Start by customizing your order online, then benefit from a thorough review by a team of world-class physicians who ensure safety and accuracy. In most cases, prescriptions are issued after a quick consultation—sometimes just a call to clarify allergies or needs—and your kit arrives discreetly at your door. While they don’t accept traditional health insurance, many customers use HSA cards, and refills are available for added convenience.
What truly stands out is the real-world impact. As radio host Glenn Beck puts it, “The supply lines for antibiotics already are stressed to the max. Please have some antibiotics on hand… You can do it through Jase.”
One satisfied customer shared, “It could have been a nightmare. Instead, the best trip we’ve had,” after their kit turned a potential health crisis into a minor blip during a family vacation.
In a time when health uncertainties loom larger than ever, Jase Medical isn’t just selling products—it’s delivering empowerment. Don’t wait for the next disruption; visit Patriot.TV/meds today to build your personalized emergency plan and step into a more secure tomorrow. Your health, and your family’s, deserves nothing less.


